Sunday, July 17, 2005

What is it?

No Eric, I'm not talking about Dungeon of Doom. (or was it Taskmaster or Taskmaker or whatever? I can never remember)

The other day, I was talking to Paul about cheese. Actually, it started with a story in Slate on Rachael Ray. I said that the only things wrong with her are that she says "EVOO" and that she likes strong cheeses, since I don't like strong cheeses myself. This, of course, led into a discussion on the merits of strong and weak cheeses and finally into the eternal question of what the heck Cheez Whiz is (other than an essential ingredient in a real Philly Cheesesteak). To answer this, Paul sent me a link to a certain page in Chemical & Engineering News (from the American Chemical Society). If you wanted to know what the differences among Pasteurized process cheese food, Pasteurized process cheese spread, Pasteurized process cheese product, and Imitation cheese are, this page is the place to go.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't all about cheese. This covers all sorts of stuff like Whisky and New Car Smell. If you've ever wondered "What is it?", The American Chemical Society might just have an answer for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home