Monday, August 08, 2005

Just them Good Ol' Boys

Driving hot Austin Roads.
Tryin' to raise the dough.
Gotta find a smooth drinking moonshine load.

Lookin' for Vance.
He's the man with the plan.
Instead, we found Daisy.
She's the one wearing smokin' short pants.

Bust outta jail.
Tryin' not to get lost.
Step on the accelerator to teach ol' Hogg who's boss

The General Lee
ain't the car that I drive.
'fit were, it wouldn't dent from my ass when I slide.



A bunch of us took part in a Dukes of Hazzard Road Rally by the Alamo Drafthouse. Part of the challenge was to rewrite the lyrics to Waylon Jennings' theme song. Well, not Waylon Jennings' theme song. It's actually the theme from the Dukes of Hazzard, written by Waylon Jennings. The above lyrics are partially (mis)remembered from the race with an extra verse tacked on by me afterwards. Since I can't get the song out of my head, I keep thinking of more verses. That one on the end is the only good one I came up with. Paul is quite the wordsmith. He cranked out a couple of verses before we even hit the first checkpoint. (and that first verse is killer!)

Anyways, our shenanigans managed to get my ass on Fox 7 News (literally). The used me in their slide-across-the-hood-of-the-car-montage. Karl made it too, but he didn't quite stick the landing.

A good time was had by all, and the movie was fun too. Bo is a little on the crazy side. He's got those eyes that are all "wOoOoO". I can't do it right.

(must get that song for Karaoke)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home