Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sputter Sputter Putt Putt...

The less successful, not as well know sister model to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. That's what my car is like. Based on a few choice words from Ryan (who had suffered similar symptoms previously), perusal of my Haynes Repair Manual, and of course asking the Internet, I believe that my fuel filter is clogged. I looked into how to replace it, and it'll be really easy. Well, if I was Mr. Fantastic, Plasticman, or even Stretch Armstrong it would be really easy. Instead, it's only sorta easy. The only difficulty I foresee is the need to apply force while in a position where I have no leverage, and maybe not even any balance. Well, the other difficulty is getting a replacement fuel filter w/o the use of my car to go to the auto shops. My legs should be well rested for any cycling I'll need to do tomorrow.

Of course, the smart thing to do would be to extract the current filter and blow in it to see if it is indeed clogged... Maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning before I try anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home